Wow’s College Essay Boot Camp curriculum covers all the elements of a college essay class that work well in a group, from parsing prompts to writing first drafts. This course will prepare you to run your own college essay workshop, either in person or online. It includes:
- Leader’s guide for a 4-hour workshop
- Student worksheets
- Webinar with tips to modify the curriculum for a remote, online workshop
- Timing suggestions to use the curriculum in a variety of settings and situations
- Slide template
The course includes four lessons of 1-2 hours each:
- Lesson 1: Boot Camp Overview: Download the leader’s guide and worksheets, then review them to familiarize yourself with the structure and flow. (2 hours)
- Lesson 2: Consider Your Options: Watch the video and refer back to the course materials and the timing options. (2 hours)
- Lesson 3: Plan and Prepare: Answer a series of questions, to reflect on what you read and heard in the first two lessons. (1 hour)
- Run your workshop!
- Lesson 4: Reflect and Refine: Answer another series of questions, to reflect on what worked, what didn’t and why. (1 hour)
You will have access to this course for 6 months, so be sure to download all the materials and watch the webinar in lesson 2 before then.